Trigonometry: Inverses of Trigonometric Functions
(1) Evaluate exactly tan(Arccos 2/3 ).
(2) Evaluate exactly cos(Arcsin 1 + Arccos 1/2 ).
(3) Determine arcsin (1/v 2) . Careful: that is arcsin and not Arcsin, so there are going to be infinitely
many answers. You need to give all of them.
(4) Evaluate exactly sin( 1/2Arcsin4/5 ).
(5) Use a calculator to determine Arctan 10 in radians to two decimal places.
(6) (Bonus question: worth up to 10 points.) True or False: Arcsin x Arccos x = Arctan x? (Either show this
is an identity, or prove it is not an identity by showing the two sides are not equal for some particular
choice of x.)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT