- 1500-word written submission which provides the detailed research proposal
- Your research proposal should contain the following sections:
Ø Study title & background to the problem (400 words)
Ø Study objectives and study significance (200 words)
Ø Research design and, Sampling & recruitment (300 words)
Ø Data collection & data analysis (300 words)
Ø Ethical considerations & Rigour (Reliability & Validity / Trustworthiness) (300 words)
- Use the expanded marking guide that has been provided to guide you with compiling your proposal
Marking guide 3: Research Proposal
Study title & background to the problem (400 words) Titles:
- Quantitative ‐ key variables, study population, methodology/paradigm, context
- Qualitative ‐ phenomenon of interest, group under study, methodology/paradigm, context
Background to the problem:
- What is known already about the issue?
- What is the gap in knowledge?
- What will the study attempt to do in order to answer the gap in knowledge
- Is the study guided by a theoretical/conceptual framework? If so, what is it and how will it be used?
Study objectives & study significance (200 words) Objectives:
- Translate the research problem / purpose statement / research question / hypothesis into specific objectives
- Tell the reader specifically what your study will be doing to answer the gap in knowledge
- Objectives need to have a specific focus
- What is the significance of this study?
- What will the knowledge that your
study gains help to achieve?