- Label the component parts of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system, and state their functions
- Describe the autonomic nervous system
- Describe the structure of a sensory neurone and a motor neurone, and explain their functions in a reflex arc.
- Describe and explain the transmission of an action potential in a myelinated neurone
- Describe the all-or-nothing nature of nerve impulses
- Explain the importance of the myelin sheath and the refractory period in determining the speed of nervous impulses
- Describe the structure of a cholinergic synapse, and explain how it functions
- Explain the role of synapses in the nervous system in determining the direction of nerve impulse transmission and in allowing the interconnection of nerve pathways
- Describe the causes and effects of synaptic inhibition
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our teams of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!