In this assessment you will examine several major events that shaped modern American society. You will consider how the New Deal policies were designed to ameliorate the effects of the Great Depression, how the Cold War was waged both internationally and domestically, and how the civil rights movement challenged the perceived assumptions of American society.
A. Explain (suggested length of 1–2 pages) the major causes of the Great Depression (e.g., economic policies, trade concerns, banking practices, international commerce).
B. Describe three ways (e.g., major legislation, organizations, relief and recovery efforts) that the New Deal sought to address the problems of the Great Depression (suggested length of 1–2 pages).
C. Explain how the end of World War II contributed to the rise of Cold War tensions (suggested length of 1–2 pages) by doing the following:
1. Discuss the effect of the arms race on the rise of Cold War tensions.
2. Describe how differing ideologies led to increased Cold War tensions.
3. Explain the effect of Cold War tensions on American culture and domestic policies (e.g., security concerns, organizations, discrimination).
D. Explain two changes (e.g., legislation, cultural shifts, economic shifts) that came about as a result of one of the following historical events (suggested length of 1–2 pages):
• civil rights movement
• feminist movement
• gay rights movement
• rise of the religious right
E. Provide acknowledgement of source information, using in-text citations and references, for quoted, paraphrased, or summarized content.
1. Include the following information when providing source references:
• location of information (e.g., publisher, journal, or website URL)
The question first appeared on Write My Essay