Research on the impact of a growing aging population in the United States and the aging population in general. This impact could be defined in terms of increased health care costs with simultaneous decreased economic contributions, increased housing needs, and a reduced proportion of the population contributing to Social Security. As you address the political embattlement related to programs for the aged (i.e., Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, Welfare and Supplemental Security Income, and The Older Americans Act), you must include the following elements:
1. Title page
2. Explain the rapid increase in the older population using the demographic transition theory.
3. Analyze the implications of an increasing aging population for two or more of the following social issues:
a. The funding and availability of Social Security.
b. The funding and availability of Supplemental Retirement Income.
c. Work and retirement challenges facing seniors.
d. The funding and availability of adequate health care for seniors.
4. Summarize what the experts have written about the issues facing the United States in terms of the growing elderly population. How do experts suggest addressing these issues? Assess whether their conclusions are methodologically sound.
5. Assess how the growing aging population is going to impact the younger generations in terms of political power and their need for social support.
6. Evaluate the actions that are currently being taken to address these issues of having an increasing aging population. What have been the results of those actions? Justify which remedies you agree with, and support your conclusions with your scholarly research.