survey data about the demographic characteristics of society, such as age, sex, and religion
In 46Â double spacedÂ pages using a 12 point font and 1â margins, please answer the following questions. If any outsideÂ sources are used, please use proper citation â this includes citing the textbook. I have provided links to APA styleÂ resources under the Course Resources tab. APA style is preferred â this is what is what is used most frequently inÂ sociology. Other standard citation styles, such as MLA, are also fine. Please remember that while personal examples areÂ often useful in sociological because we are all participants in society, your responses need to reflect and understanding ofÂ the text and the adoption of a sociological approach when using personal examples.
Accompanying this assignment is survey data about the demographic characteristics of society, such as age, sex, andÂ religion. Your task is to look at the data like you are a sociological researcher and complete the following tasks through aÂ 46Â page essay:
1. Provide a basic description of this society based on the data. For example, note the most and least common categoriesÂ for a question, such as most and least common marital status categories.
2. Use 3 different theories found in Chapters 17Â to analyze and discuss this society. For example, using symbolicÂ interaction, you could talk about how the dominant religion in this society might affect the kinds of symbols that are usedÂ within this society and where these symbols might be used. In the instance of religion, then, a really dominant religionâsÂ symbols might be commonly used outside of religion and have meaning apart from religion if the religion is reallyÂ widespread. At least a paragraph should be devoted to each of the three theories you are using.
3. Talk about the implications of these societal characteristics. What kind of conflicts might his society have? Do you thinkÂ certain groups might be balanced or might one group dominate another? How would this shape social institutions? WhatÂ might be big issues in this society? For example, if a society has an especially large number of people in a certain ageÂ group, the issues relating to this age group might dominate the political scene.
4. What kind of additional information would help to answer these questions and understand this society?
5. How is examining data a useful way to look at society?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT