The goals of this drug study are:
• To differentiate medication classification and safely administer medication.
• Use the nursing process and knowledge of pharmacotherapeutics to incorporate drug therapy into the planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
• Recognize the therapeutic effects of administered medications
• Recognize adverse reactions and adverse events from administered medications
• Effectively teach patients across the lifespan and the continuum of care and their families about prescribed medications
• Apply medication safety principles to patient care situations in a variety of settings.
Directions: Write a paper to address the questions below. You may use the questions as the level heading for each section. The paper must be written in APA format page limit 5 not including the front page, reference page. Include citations and at least 2 references. This paper is worth 10% of grade. DUE DATE 03/10/17
Answer each question in a well-developed scholarly manner and include citations to support rationale/ conclusions.
• What is the drugs pharmacologic classification(s)? (Note: Each drug can be classified into one or more drug classes) What is the unique action of this class of drug(s)? (15 points)
• Identify other drugs from the class list that share the same pharmacologic classification. What is the shared prefix and or suffix (if any) shared by most drugs in this class? Identify at least two drugs for each classification. (15 points):
• Specific considerations for OB, lactation, or pediatric populations (15 points):
• 1) OB: Pregnancy Category Pregnancy Category, explain what this means?
• 2) Lactation
• 3) Pediatric
• Common side effects (5 points)
• Life threatening side effects (5 points)
• Client teaching (10 points)
• Drug and or nutrient interactions (5 points)
• Specific Nursing Implications (10 points)
• Discuss what you found most interesting (5 points)
• Write two (2) multiple choice test question with four possible choices A-D AND supply the appropriate rationale. (10 points)
• Paper written in a scholarly manner including APA format, grammar and sentence structure (10 points)
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions