IT355 Software Testing, Documentation and Quality Assurance
Assignment 3 – Test Case/Scenario Documentation
Students must prepare a comprehensive Test Case Report for the âMidTerm GPA Calculatorâ application in full compliance with all the requirements listed below. You need to include at least 10 tests using at least two different techniques for black box testing and at least three different non-functional tests.
The system is being designed as a Web application with appropriate security to protect the studentâs personal data.
The document should include:
- Title Page (see Assignment 2 for details). ***IGNORE THIS.. I WILL DO IT..**
- Table of Contents (with page numbers, automatically generated).
- Description of the application (who, what, where, how): two to three paragraphs.
- Description of the test environment to be used for the test (type of equipment, operating system etc.).
- Summary of the tests planned and the purpose of the testing. Provide a description of the test and why it is significant for this application.
- An estimate of the level of effort (number of hours) that you think it will take to complete the testing (assume only 1 tester is available), including any assumptions you have made in making this estimate.
- Entrance and exit criteria
- Test cases: List of test scenarios and test cases in a table (formatted correctly with an embedded Excel spreadsheet or a Microsoft table) including the following columns:
- A sequential number.
- The type of test (e.g., functional or non-functional) and within that the specific type.(e.g., boundary in black box)
- The test scenario (what function or code are you testing)
- The data that you will enter to test this scenario (should include both a passing and a failing test case for each test scenario).
- The expected result (if the system was working correctly).
- A column for test results and a column for status (these are both blank)
The test cases should be presented in the order they will be run, with the functional before the non-functional. RESULTS ARE NOT REQUIRED
The document should include at least at least 10 test cases. A glossary of terms should be appended to show the main terms that you have used in the document (at least 5 terms and their meaning).
Sources of any other information used must be referenced.
Pages must be numbered and must include your name on each page. The description of the application should be page 1.
Your report will be evaluated in each of the following ways:
- Your test cases must be comprehensive and cover all of the functionality of the application (10 is just a guideline).
- Your test cases and test scenarios must be clear and complete and they must be detailed enough so that they can be run by a tester other than yourself or in an automated environment.
- Section 1 through 7 must be written in complete sentences and be grammatically correct in the third person.
- Your test cases in Section 8 may be written in bullet form but must be written in good formal English (no contractions, etc.) and must be readable. If you Excel to format, attach the Excel spreadsheet separately.
- You must follow the instructions in the report format EXACTLY, it is a company standard.
- You have the flexibility to âdesignâ the document (e.g., typeface, font size, but your style must be consistent throughout the entire document and must be readable for the tester who will be conducting the tests later.
- Your submission must be timely in terms of the deadline given in the syllabus.
- You should spellcheck all parts of the document and auto-generate the table of contents.
Requirements Specified for Application
Develop a Web application to collect data for a studentâs midterm grades in a specific semester. The page should include the universityâs logo.
The student should be able to enter between 1 and 7 courses together with their midterm grades. The grades are entered as a number between 0 and 100, all other grades are rejected with an appropriate error message
The system calculates the overall GPA (e.g. 3.4) for the student and determines whether they are eligible to be included on the Deanâs List (grade of 3.4 or above) based on these grades. A special complimentary message is shown if the grade is above 3.8. The application also gives a warning message if the student has a GPA of less than 2.0, advising them to seek support from the CTL to improve their grades before the end of the semester.
The application displays each grade as a letter where A = 91-100, B = 81-90,
C = 71-80, and otherwise the value is F. The application also summarizes the semester by displaying the studentâs name, the semester, the overall GPA and any relevant comment (Deanâs List potential, âCongratulations!!â or âWarning â Seek Help from CTLâ). The use should be able to print these results in a highly readable form.
Also make sure there are comments in the code and the developerâs name and the version number is at the bottom of each screen.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT