1. Slavery was abolished in the British Empire in 1833, and the Old South became the largest and most powerful slave society the modern world has known. What formed a powerful obstacle to abolition?
2. Describe the life of Frederick Douglass. Why did he become a major figure in the crusade for abolition?
3. What methods did slaver masters use to take control over their slaves? What pain and misery did slave experience?
4. What forms of slave resistance were practiced in the American South?
5. How did fugitive slaves seek to achieve freedom? What was the Underground Railroad? How did Harriet Tubman become famous as a “conductor”?
6. Why did Nat Turner’s Rebellion (1831) send shock waves through the entire South? What was its significance? What was the fate of this slave leader?
7. Why did Harriet Beecher Stowe’s novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin (1852) become an influential anti-slavery text? When President Lincoln met her, he said, “So you’re the little girl that started this big war.”
8. Discuss important individuals (William Lloyd Garrison, Sojourner Truth, etc.) who joined the abolitionist movement. What strategies and symbols did they adopt? What struggles did they go through?
9. What were the major expressions of the antebellum reform impulse? Explore why Americans tried to improve American society in the first half of the 19th century.
10. What was the Declaration of Sentiments? How did the abolitionist movement and the women’s rights movement influence each other?
For a custom paper on the above topic or any other topic, place your order now!
What Awaits you:
In-time delivery guarantee
Masters and PhD-level writers
Automatic plagiarism check
100% Privacy and Confidentiality
High Quality custom-written papers