â¢Review the arguments in Stephan Jay Gouldâs âCritique of The Bell Curveâ in The Mismeasure of Man. Then choose at least
four sources from your own research that support or challenge Gouldâs criticisms of The Bell Curve. Argue for or against
1. You may evaluate parts of The Bell Curve that Gould does not discuss, build on material that Gould does discuss, or
challenge Gouldâs refutation of the authorsâ results.
2. Otherwise, you may use any analysis of The Bell Curve from an authoritative source.
3. A convincing research paper considers diverse viewpoints. Include at least one author who opposes your perspective.
â¢ With each source, begin by briefly summarizing the authorâs thesis and the main points of his or her argument. Initially, be
factual, not interpretive or critical. Move on to analysis after you have presented the argument in its own terms.
â¢ Consider the following questions:
1. Clarify methodology. What kind and what quality of evidence does each author provide?
2. Does the author distort evidence or make reasonable deductions?
3. Overall, is the argument logical and convincing? Does the conclusion follow from the evidence provided? Are alternative
â¢ In your conclusion, provide an overview the research you have examined.
Errors to avoid
â¢ Summaries of research that lack analysis will not satisfy the assignment. Include evaluations of the research you introduce.
â¢ Even if you are politically passionate about a reading, do not let your emotions draw you away from the assignment. Your
object is to make a logical case for your position and to evaluate research. Address the specifics of your sourcesâ arguments.
Avoid an editorial.
â¢ Include intext
citations and a bibliography in your first draft.
â¢ For MLA reference styles, see MLA Handbook, Seventh Edition.
â¢ For APA reference styles, see Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition.
â¢ For Turabian reference styles, see A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 7th Edition.
â¢ Pages must be double spaced. Allow one inch margins on all sides.
â¢ Include a title. On body pages, set last name or running head plus a page number as a header.
â¢ Use 12 point Times New Roman. Set text left justified, ragged right.
Length: 1250 words.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT