The research topic that I am most interested in is renewable energy because my father works within this field and it is also the professional field that I want to go into when I graduate from college. Though I am studying economics now, I believe that I want to use my knowledge in this field to go develop the financing for renewable energy and help it become the next big thing. The research that I want to focus on will be the making of renewable energy and the potential development path for renewable energy in the future.
I believe that this topic is important for all of mankind as renewable energy is undoubtedly the only thing that we can depend upon when we run out of fossil fuels. Though there are many types of renewable energy currently in the market, I feel that each has its own potential in helping develop the market and ensure the overall success of the field. At the same time, through recent agreements on cutting back carbon emissions, renewable energy have been put at the front line as world leaders have discussed various ways to help develop the field. The main renewable energy types that I will talk about will be solar, wind, and hydro though I want to also discuss the overall history of renewable energy, the importance of renewable energy, the potential for renewable energy, and my prediction for how it will progress in the future.
The questions that I want to ask for this research question are listed below and can be separated into three sections of past, present, and future.
- What drove the current movement towards renewable energy and how is the background of renewable energy significant to the overall development of renewables.
- How was each of the three main types of renewable energy made and how did early pioneers envision each of the type of energy to be used
- What are the current strengths of each type of renewable energy and how are each significant to the way we utilize energy and think about energy in the world today
- What are the current limitations that prevents renewable energy to be used widely if we already have the technology to have it replace traditional fossil fuels
- What will the future look like given the present trend of renewable energy and what are limitations that we must get over with in order to fully succeed with the vision for renewable energy
- What is the development path that we should take to ensure that renewable energy is fully implemented and how can we ensure its success
The Research Tools that I am primarily interested in are governmental and non-governmental (NGO) data that can present a good idea about how the world economy is developing towards renewable energy and the current role that it has within our society today. Specifically, I feel that it would be important to note the relevance of how governments are tracking the data for research within the field and utilize these knowledge to make my predictions for the future.