Fairy Tale Is Form, Form Is Fairy Tale
WRITING FOR COMMON READER
1. Bernheimer argues: “An increased appreciation of the techniques of fairy tales not only forges a mutual appreciation between writers from the so-cold mainstream and avant-garde traditions, but also, I would argue, connects all of us in the act of living.” What does she mean by this? Do you agree, why or why not?
2. What can the fairy tale form, as Bernheimer sees it, teach you about writing essays?
The Ecstasy of Influence
In this thread answer the following questions for discussion:
1. This essay is Lethem’s love letter to plagiarism. Now, in school, and certainly, here at Pace, there are strict rules against plagiarizing another’s work. Why does Lethem support plagiarism? Do you agree, why or why not? Can his argument be carried over into academics? Should you be allowed to plagiarize (not entirely but on some minimal level) in your essays? Why or why not?
2. Why are many artists concerned with “making the familiar, strange” as Lethem puts it? Pick a piece of art (painting, writing, music, etc.) that follows this guideline. Analyze how it does make the familiar strange and the consequent effect this has on the viewer/listener.
How To Write with Style
In this thread, answer the following questions:
1. Discuss three of Vonnegut’s tips in depth. Show how they can work in your essay writing.
2. Vonnegut talks about how his environment has influenced his language, and therefore his writing. How has your environment influenced your language/writing?
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions