1. Based on the health issue of “Depression”.
2. Identify a particular population that is affected by depression for example: men, women, youth, retirees and senior citizens, a racial or ethnic minority, GLBT community, lower SES groups. You may choose a combination of these for example: children from lower SES groups, Aboriginal men, or low caste Indian women.
3. Describe this health problem of depression and state how it is affecting the population you have identified using evidence from the literature
4. Identify and discuss the social determinants of depression for the population you have identified. You must use evidence from the literature to support your discussion.
5. Identify the potential stakeholders that you would need to work with in order to address the social determinants of depression for this specific population to reduce the risk of these negative health impacts.
* • Do you state the question at the beginning?
* • Have you included an introduction and brief description of depression?
* • Have you explained the extent to which the population is affected by depression? ( i.e. that this population is affected by depression more than the general population and provide evidence to support this).
* • Have you explained using the social determinants of health why your population is vulnerable to depression?
* • Have you identified the relevant stakeholders that would be required to address depression for this population and provided evidence to support your stakeholder recommendations?
* • Have you provided evidence to support your various discussion points and position?
Have you included a conclusion?
Student will be assessed using this marking rubric.
An excellent description of depression must be provided and supported by evidence from the literature.
The student has provided an insightful and coherent explanation of how the SDH have resulted in this depression for this population. They have also provided reliable evidence to support the discussion
Appropriate stakeholders are identified and how they might address depression is discussed. The suggestions are original, demonstrate insightful thinking and are supported by evidence.
Extensive and reliable evidence is provided to support the discussion. 20+ references (from 2010) are provided.
Clear structure including an introduction and conclusion with signposting that successfully guides the reader through the essay.
Accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Expression must be clear, concise and fluent.