Critically consider how this aspiration of service user involvement and collaboration/co-production can be facilitated in the practice area of your choice. Your essay should explicitly link this philosophical approach to your personal experiences
Component A: The 2,500 word assignment
The assignment component is intended to be as constructively critical as it is reflective and needs to demonstrate self-awareness and professional development.
You are encouraged to focus on PYSCHOSI when considering the above statement about the recovery philosophy. Each specialism will have specific challenges which you are encouraged to consider
Introduction (250 words approx.)
Critical overview of the personal recovery philosophy (750 words approx.)
• Historical context to the development of mental health service provision in 21st Century
• The evidence challenging and supporting traditional medical/biological views of mental illness
• The political and personal power of lived experience
• Personal versus Clinical recovery
• Ethical considerations, including capacity issues, collaborative versus coercive care
Application to the area of your choice (500 words approx.)
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of this collaborative philosophy in this area?
• What does the literature say and how does that relate to your personal experience?
• How might this influence and affect the role of the mental health nurse?