(Stage 2 Business students)Assessment
Wheeler Motor Services Ltd
You are a management consultant and Mr Richard Wheeler has approached you on behalf of Wheeler Motor Services Ltd for consultation and advice.
Attached is the Wheeler Motor Services Ltd case study. You are required to respond to the following in the format of an essay which includes the following three elements.
- Explain how the psychological contract can be integrated into Wheeler Motor Services Limited considering the significant amount of negative feedback from staff and the challenges that management are facing? (30 marks).
- Describe the types of communication mechanisms that can be adopted by both leaders â Steven Wheeler and Peter Jones, to help ensure a better understanding and co-ordination not only between themselves but also with all of the employees? (30 marks).
- Considering the events that have happened in Wheeler Motor Services Limited, discuss the importance of conducting appraisals and rewarding employee performance on a regular basis, and providing possible solutions for retaining employees using the above processes? (40 marks).
The essay needs to contain the following format.
- Body (definitions of relevant terms to be provided, appropriate theories or concepts or models including diagrams to be integrated and applied to case with considerable level of logical reasoning and analysis).
- Conclusion with Recommendations and
- Bibliography / Reference list.
Word count is 3000 words.
The essay content should reflect logical and analytical application of theories or concepts or models to the case. More details on this will be discussed by the lecturer in the class.
All the content in the course work needs to be electronically typed and NOT handwritten. Otherwise, it will NOT be assessed. You need to put all your assignment files through the Turnitin process.
You must follow ICP In house style guidelines. The font should be of Times New Roman with size 12. Headings can be of size 14. Page margins should be of Top 2.54 cms, Bottom 2.54 cms, Left 2.54 cms and Right 2.54 cms. Line spacing should be 1.5 cms.
Important note to students:
Please see the case study and marking criteria given on the next page.