In order to further strengthen Oman’s banking industry, The Ministry of Finance in Oman has assigned each bank to evaluate its current state of affairs with regard to traditional as well as e-banking. The Board of Directors of each bank in the country is assigning this task to different people in their respective banks. An expected outcome of this project will lead to better facilities to their customers. You have been appointed as a chief researcher (CR) from the bank you are working in, to produce a 2000 word business report entitled; “Traditional banking or e-banking? Pros and Cons with Practical implications”. The Chairman of the Board of Directors of the bank, Miss Ayesha Noor Al-Nabhani has asked for this report. The report has to be submitted by 6pm on 29th of March 2017, via Turnitin.
A business report structure should be used to present this report and recommendations will be expected to be produced based on the issues you identify. You need to select a bank of your choice in Oman and address the following points in your report;
1: Discuss the current situation with regard to e-banking as well as traditional banking facilities in the bank.
2: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each type of banking.
3: Identify issues/concerns the bank or its customers are facing.
4: Give recommendations (at least 5) to the bank to resolve these issues.
Consider the following prompts to structure your thoughts. You may want to add more points to the following list ONLY in consultation with your class lecturer.
1. Accessibility (8:00 -5:00 pm vs 24 hrs)
2. Physical existence
3. Mobile application
6. ATM locations and numbers
7. Withdrawal limit
12. Transaction (local/international)
14. bank statement
15. Customer service (Online, phone, face-to-face)
16. System breakdown/internet issue
17. Strategies to deal with emergencies
18. Absence of an employee
Specific Instructions: As a Chief Researcher (CR) you:
1. Collect data either by visiting the bank (omani bank)you select, browsing their websites, or talking to their potential customers.
2. Do not have to prepare a questionnaire to collect data.
3. Must select at least 15 points out of 18 presented above in your analysis.
4. Present the analysis following the structure of a business report you have been taught in class.
5. Use categories/sub-categories as headings and present the analysis in the form of paragraphs.
6. Identify issues and give at least 5 recommendations to resolve these issues to the bank.
7. Give references, in case you obtain some data from websites, using Harvard Style of Referencing.
8. You MUST NOT use the data taken from another student at Majan.
9. You MUST summarise or paraphrase the text you obtain from different sources.
The question first appeared on Write My Essay