Achieving Academic Excellence
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format.
Part A Write Your Personal “Math Autobiography”:
Write a brief (250 to 500 words) history of your math education. Use 3 or more of the conceptual questions below to guide your writing:
• What are your best descriptions of both positive and/or negative experiences that influence how you feel about learning math? It is okay to be serious or funny!
• What is your overall attitude towards math and why do you think you feel the way you do?
• How did your family, friends, teachers, and other people influence your feelings about math?
• How confident are you in your math skills? If you lack confidence, what do you think you can do to improve?
• How do you feel about seeking help with math? Have you ever been tutored in math? How was your experience?
Part B View this video – We Use Math – Introduction – https://youtu.be/aYIv4jggQJc
Write About Your Career and Math
Choose 2 or more of the following questions and write a paragraph (at least 250 words) about your career and using math:
• What math class or classes will you take for your major?
• How can math be used in your career?
• How can math be used in your daily life?
Part C Brush up on your math skills using the following:
• Access the FREE EdReady (https://edready.org/home;jsessionid=1948F87F8B74BF66C4D409A6FE0389BF) site to review basic math concepts.
• Just try it!
• Write 3-4 sentences about your experience using EdReady.
• Was EdReady helpful? Was the site easy to navigate?