a) What were the key characteristics of Japan’s financial system during the ‘high growth’ period ( 1955-73)?
b) Evaluate the view that such characteristics facilitated rapid economic growth.
2. Explain why the 1980s was a decade when the chaebol conglomerate groups expanded their influence in the South Korean financial sector and assess the effects of this expanded influence.
3. Financial crises often prompt changes in a country’s financial markets and institutions. With regard to the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis, examine the view
a) that this crisis prompted a prolonged banking crisis in Japan, slowing the pace of reform,
b) that this crisis prompted a rapid general restructuring of the financial sector in South Korea.
4. Has the ‘market discipline’ of company managements, resulting from a growing market for corporate control in Japan, successfully replaced the previous ‘main bank’ monitoring and rescue functions, in Japanese corporate governance?
5. In 2015, Japan carried out the largest ‘privatisation’ for 30 years, launching a triple IPO of Japan Post Bank, Japan Post Insurance and Japan Postal Holdings on the stock market. Explain the expected impact and significance of this event for the Japanese financial sector.
6. Assess the extent to which corporate bond market and stock market growth in Korea have expanded the funding choices open to Korean companies since 2000.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US :
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions