In a referendum which took place on the 23rd June 2016 the UK voted to leave the EU. Assuming that the UK does indeed leave the EU write an essay not exceeding 2500 words analyzing the possible macroeconomic effects of this decision. Your essay should include the following:
• The application of the IS-LM model and the AD-AS model to analyze the possible effects of Brexit on the UK economy.
• The application of the IS-LM model and the AD-AS model to explain a policy that could be used to stabilize the UK economy
• At least four line diagrams, although equations may also be used. If you do not include diagrams in your essay, you will not receive a pass mark.
• Some use of data to back up your analysis.
Format & Presentation of Assessed Coursework
• All coursework must be word processed.
• Font size: 12 point font
• Harvard Style Referencing
• Character spacing: 100%, normal position
• Margins: Normal (2.5cm – all sides)
• Alignment: Non-justified
• No pictures/ graphs / tables
• Line spacing: Body text: 1.5 lines/ Paragraph: 1.5 lines with one extra line
• Headings: 1.5 lines with one extra line
• The University operates an anonymous marking policy. To ensure that
your anonymity from staff and examiners will be preserved only your
Student ID number should appear on your assessment. Your ID number
should be on all pages of your coursework.
• All pages should be numbered.