Write two case studies, that make links between a contemporary Indigenous Australian circumstance, Australia’s history and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (2007) that inform change in the future, using the following structure:
• Using the key IKC101 readings,identify and describe two contemporary Indigenous Australian circumstances such as one of those explored in Module 3 (i.e. health, education, criminal justice, native title).
• Locate recent and relevant statistics that provide insights into the situation/s and provide a written description of the related issues.
• Briefly explain how this situation was created by colonisation and post-colonisation policies and practices.
• List at least two Rights for each case study, at least one of which is an Indigenous Right, which align with the contemporary circumstance being discussed.
• Describe how the Indigenous and/or Human Rights serve to improve the Indigenous circumstance under discussion.