Part 1 of paper:
View the attached Case Study and View the attached Mintzberg Management Model. Address the following questions:
1 Determine the preferred leadership and management style(s) (Autocratic, Democratic or Laissez-Faire) the new assistant nurse manager should use to be most effective in turning around the nursing unit.
2 In addition, determine the preferred leadership theory (Situational, Transformational, Servant-Leadership, etc) to be most effective in turning around the unit.
3 Explain why you selected this particular style(s) and theory and what leadership qualities are needed to solve this unit’s problems.
4 Using Mintzberg Management Model as a guide, prioritize the list of problems along with the accompanying rationale. Which “plane” in the model should be dealt with first, second, and third for each problem?
5 For Nursing Care Quality Indicators: address the decisions and actions the assistant nurse manager should make to help solve the unit’s problems related to Nursing Care Quality. Include in your description your rationale for making your decisions or choice of action.
6 National Patient Safety Goals: address the decisions and actions the assistant nurse manager should make to help solve the unit’s problems related to National Patient Safety Goals. Include in your description your rationale for making your decisions or choice of action.
Part 2 of Paper:
Approval has been given to hire more staff.
• Determine which positions should be filled and by which type of care provider RN, LPN, or Nursing Assistant. Explain your rationale for who would be hired.
• What type of recruiting strategies could be used to hire new staff and what types of motivation could be used to retain current and future staff?
• Explain the rationale for these decisions.
Action and Evaluation
• Using the Ignatian Pedagogy Model Reflecting (See Attached) on the areas of “action” and “evaluation” (what practice wisdom might be learned from this case study for your practice).
• How do the actions of the assistant nurse manger (in the case study) affect the staff and the unit?
• Is there a place for Servant-Leadership in this unit? (see Attached)
If so, how might a Servant-Leadership style (see Attached) change the actions of the assistant manager and the staff in this troubled unit?
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions