Here are some tips for this week’s assignment:
First, be sure your name and the date is on the top of the paper, if you choose not to use a title page.(Ethical Principles conflict)
Please save the work as a Word document in the following manner: Last name first initial_ Week 4_PSY 510
Be sure to answer each part of each question separately and completely.
With regard to question # 1, According to Behnke (2005),
“An ethical dilemma arises when two or more of the values found in the Ethical Principles conflict. Resolving an ethical dilemma requires identifying the relevant values and weighing those competing values against one another to determine which receives priority” (para .4). In addition to the nature of the dilemma, be sure to identify the Principles that you believe are in conflict in this dilemma. (Remember the distinction between the Principles (A-E) and the Standards that we reviewed in earlier discussions).
For Question# 2, about stakeholders, THINK BIG, and remember to include the main character(s) PLUS any other persons or entities that may have a stake in the outcome.
For the remainder of the questions, cite specific ethical Standards to support your conclusions.(Ethical Principles conflict)
For Question # 4, review Fisher, and APA Standard 7, with regard to ethics involved with educational roles.
Note that in Question # 7, two Hot Topics “Ethical Supervision of Trainees” (Chapter 10) and “Multicultural Ethical Competence” (Chapter 5) should be discussed, and additional standards are required to be addressed. Consider aspects of Standards 2 & 3.
For Q # 8, review the ethical theories in the textbook (Ch. 3, pp. 36-42).
For Q # 9, review the six steps of ethical decision making in the textbook (p. 46, 47).
Since there is no rubric for this week’s assignment, here is a scoring guide:
There are 9 questions.
Q’s # 1, 3-6, 8, and 9 are worth up to 6 points each.
Q 2 is worth up to 8 points.(Ethical Principles conflict)
Q # 7 is worth up to 10 points.
The total will be equal to a percentage, where 60 points =100 %.
Behnke S., Ph.D. (2005). On being an ethical psychologist. Monitor on Psychology 36(7) 114. Retrieved from: http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug05/ethics.aspx
Cite and reference academic sources according to APA 6th edition guidelines.
PSY-510 Contemporary and Ethical Issues in Psychology
Handling Disparate Information
Directions: In a minimum of 50 words, for each question, thoroughly answer each of the questions below regarding Case 7: Handling Disparate Information for Evaluating Trainees. Use one to two scholarly resources to support your answers. Use in-text citations when appropriate, according to APA formatting.
1. Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which APA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
2. Who are the stakeholders and how will they be affected by how Dr. Vaji resolves this dilemma?
3. What additional information might Dr. Vaji collect to provide him with a more accurate picture of Leo’s multicultural attitudes and professional skills? What are the reasons for and against contacting Leo’s supervisor for more information? Should he request that Leo’s sessions with clients be electronically recorded or observed?
4. Is Dr. Vaji in a potentially unethical multiple relationship as both Leo’s externship supervisor and his teacher in the Health Disparate class? Why or why not?
5. To what extent, if any, should Dr. Vaji consider Leo’s own ethnicity in his deliberations? Would the dilemma be addressed differently if Leo self-identified as non-Hispanic white, Hispanic, or non-Hispanic black?
6. Once the dilemma is resolved, should Dr. Vaji have a follow-up meeting with the students who complained?
7. How are APA Ethical Standards 1.08, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09, 7.04, 7.05, and 7.06 and the Hot Topics “Ethical Supervision of Trainees” (Chapter 10) and “Multicultural Ethical Competence” (Chapter 5) relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
8. What are Dr. Vaji’s ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternatives best reflects the Ethics Code aspirational principles and enforceable standards, legal standards, and obligations to stakeholders? Can you identify the ethical theory (discussed in Chapter 3) guiding your decision?
The post Ethical Principles conflict appeared first on Tiptop Essays.