Students will individually write and submit a research paper featuring an analysis of a corporation and a major issue facing
that firm. By the end of this assignment, the student should develop an understanding of management practice that enables
them to function more effectively in today’s work environments, including an awareness of the issues of globalization, firm
competitiveness, and the effect and impact of structure on firm performance.
This paper should demonstrate that the student understands how business trends affect an organization’s capability for
achieving a competitive advantage in the 21st century business environment. The project will incorporate general
management concepts and theory introduced and learned by students throughout the course and should demonstrate the
student’s ability to both comprehend these concepts and apply knowledge learned in a systematic way. Parameters and
guidelines for the assessment are as follows:
Students will select a corporation that will then be analyzed by the student individually.
• The choice of firm for analysis should be related to the student’s course of study if possible.
• It is preferred that the corporation chosen is listed on either the New York Stock Exchange or NASDAQ.
firms are generally preferred due to access and availability of information pertaining to the company
• The student will also select a relevant recent periodical article which will then be analyzed and applied to the chosen firm.
• A midterm draft of Step One is required and will be reviewed by the instructor to provide pertinent feedback to the student for
the purpose of coaching and guiding the student toward the successful completion of the final paper.
STEP ONE: Company selection and analysis
• The student should select a company for analysis and write up a profile of the company selected. The profile should include:
o Presentation and discussion of firm Mission/Vision
o Presentation and discussion of the firm’s current strategic plans and/or direction
o Presentation and discussion of the firm’s culture
o A brief discussion of the firm’s structure and organization ( no diagrams)
o The above subject areas could be presented in a “strengths/weaknesses” format as part of an overall SWOTstyle
SWOT style is optional.
o Approximately 45
o For Step One, need 23
sources ( work cited); with 5 citations within this section of the paper
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT