1. Explain the concept of procedural due process and list several of the procedural rights protected by the Constitution. Do these rights apply to all levels of government? Explain.
2. How has the Supreme Court interpreted the Eighth Amendment’s prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment in recent years? Explain.
3. What is the equal protection clause? What three tests are associated with discrimination in law?
4. Discuss the racial problems addressed by the Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas decision and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. What provisions of the Constitution provided the basis for each of these policy decisions?
5. Describe the provisions and impact of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Act of 1968.
6. What is affirmative action? What is the Supreme Court’s general position on affirmative action?
7. What is equality of result? What relation does it have to de facto and de jure discrimination?
8. Discuss the major characteristics of the political socialization process through which Americans acquire their political opinions.
9. Identify and discuss the frames of reference that Americans rely upon when forming their political opinions.
10. Define what is meant by a political ideology. Why is ideology important to consider when discussing the political thinking of the American people?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT