This assignment consists of two parts, both of which are each comprised of two short essays. Each essay should be 750 words in length and include an introduction and conclusion with at least three credible references for each. The essays must be written in the third person. If your assignment is late, 5% will be deducted for each day up to 5 days after the due date, at which point a mark of zero will be assigned. Please refer to the guide to applying for extensions detailed under the assessments tab.
The submission must have
- a title page with the unit code and title of the unit, title of the assignment, name of the student, student number and name of lecturer and a contents page
- page numbers beginning from the introduction up to the last page of references
- Indented beginning for new paragraphs
- In-text and end text referencing in accordance with the ECU Referencing Guide from the ECU website, ecu.edu.au. The American Psychology Association sixth edition system of referencing is used at this University.
- 5 spaced lines
Assignments should be submitted via TURNITIN by the due date.
ASSIGNMENT PART 2 – DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING TWO TOPICS:
- Stroke volume of the heart is an important determinant of cardiac output. Stroke volume decreases in certain medical conditions and correlates directly to cardiac function.
- Explain the Frank-Starling and Laplace laws in relation to stroke volume and cardiac output.
- How do these laws relate to the underlying pathology of heart failure?
- With vaccination rates falling, there has been an increase in the rates of communicable diseases such as measles, mumps and pertussis (whooping cough).
- Discuss the mode of transmission and presenting signs and symptoms of;
- Chicken Pox
- Describe the potential complications of infection that can arise with each of these conditions.