Intent: This assessment will assess your ability to design and plan a session or program of clinical teaching. It will allow you to draw on the material presented
in the first two study days and encourages you to be creative in the application of this material to your own circumstances. This assessment also provides an opportunity for you to design and plan a session or program of clinical teaching of direct relevance to you, and test your ideas in a safe environment.
Objective(s): This assessment task addresses subject learning objective(s):
A, D and E
This assessment task contributes to the development of graduate attribute(s):
1.0, 4.0 and 5.0
Task: For this assessment, you are required to design and plan a clinical teaching session or program. You will need to address the following:
The clinical learning environment
The target audience
The objectives for your session or program
The educational theorist/s that will form the basis of your plan / rationale
The best way to approach your teaching plan using the teaching and education literature
The planned clinical learning activity or activities
How clinical learning will be assessed
The feedback from your fellow students
During the first class session you will be placed in groups of 4 or 5, so that you can exchange teaching plans with other students and give and receive
Feedback online. Peer feedback on your teaching plan can assist you in compiling your teaching plan document for submission. Feedback provided by
Your class peers should be incorporated into your assignment for submission. This assessment can only be successful if feedback is received from all members of the group. Students are to identify in their document if they have not received feedback from any group member/s, and this will impact on their assessment grade.
- Construct a basic teaching plan
- Give and receive feedback from your class peers – exchange teaching plans online and give and receive feedback.
- Submit your teaching plan
- Incorporate the feedback from your class peers into the draft of your teaching plan. Please note – if you don’t agree with the comments made by other students, please address this in your submission.
Length: Word limit: 1600 words
Clinical Education Program Proposal
Use this document to explain your teaching plan to your class peers
Title of Program: What is your session called?
- A brief (100 word) outline of the proposed program, emphasising its relevance and
importance for clinical education
The target audience for the program ( patient undergoing to surgical procedure, Ward nurses including new graduate nurses, clinical nurse specialists, a clinical nurse educator, a nurse in charge مهم)
- The Clinical learning environment
- a concise summary
- The educational theorist/s that will form the basis of your plan / rationale
- The best way to approach your plan using the teaching and education literature
Body of Proposal
- The learning objectives – What should the learners achieve from this program?
- The resources required (physical, technical, human etc)
- What do your learners need to do to meet the objectives?
- Planned learning strategies and activities – How are your learners going to learn what
you want them to learn?
- How will learning be assessed?
- Intended evaluation of program – How will you determine the success of the program?
- A comprehensive list of relevant source materials
- A statement about the sustainability of the program – will it be able to continue?
- Time-line showing the development of the program from the planning stage to evaluation.