Human Rights, Human Services and the Law
Take this questionnaire to court with you. Submit your answers as an attachment to your court report through Turnitin.
1.What Court did you attend? Date?
2. Where does this court fit in the court hierarchy?
3. Was there a “dock” for defendants? Where did the defendants stand in court?
(b) Police Prosecutor
(c) Defence lawyers
and write ONE short sentence describing a particular characteristic which helped you to identify who they were.
5. Was there a Domestic Violence service at the court? if so, give the name? Was there a “safe room” for women?
6. Were interpreters used in any of the cases you saw? What languages?
7. Was there a clearly marked room for Legal Aid?
8. How many unrepresented defendants were there?
9.How many matters (cases) did you see?
10. If you saw a sentence matter did the magistrate have a social background report? (Presentence reports are prepared by Probation Officers) or a psychological or psychiatric report
Describe in ONE short sentence.
11. Give short details in 3 matters regarding:
(a) Type of case – eg driving offence, assault
(b) Stage of proceedings, eg first appearance, plea, sentence, bail.
(c) Sentence (if applicable)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT