Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
What you have to do
This assessment covers a number of elements within the unit of competency. You must show competence over the whole assessment to pass.
Using the documentation for Project 1, the contract you chose for Q6 of the written assessment in CPCCBC4003A and the following project information, complete the following:
- A schedule of contract works.
The trade break up and their respective values have been given to you. The % complete column has also been included and this reflects the work completed by the end of month 3. You are required to complete the ‘Value complete $’ column.
Schedule of Contract Works
|TRADE AREA||VALUE($)||% COMPLETE||VALUE ($) COMPLETE|
|Doors and Windows||26000||82|
|Electrician (Provisional Sum)||24000||16|
|Plumber and Drainer (Provisional sum)||24000||15|
|Landscaper (Provisional sum)||12000||0|
- A progress claim for month 3, using the schedule of contract works given above and your calculations of the ‘Value Complete $’ column you worked out in Q1a.
You will need to refer to the Project Information on the following pages to help you complete the progress claim. Your progress claim is to reflect the relevant clauses of the contract you chose to use in Q4 of Assessment 1 for CPCCBC4003A regarding date of progress claims and the terms of payment. NB: If the contract you chose for this assessment did not include a clause for retention, you are to assume that it is a requirement. You are to allow for the standard retention deduction of “10% of the progress claim up to 5% of the contract sum”.
- A variation (requested in week 20) for the front fence detailed on the Page 2 of the site plan. The high brick fence with open form metal infill panels to the front and part of the side boundaries. The fence is to run along the front building line on both sides and along the front boundary. A 1m wide gate is to be included to the front fence. A gate is also to be included for the vehicular access. This gate is to be a 5 metre wide metal gate. You are required to work out the value of the variation given the following information:
- The value (excluding margin and GST) for the labour component of the variation is $4370.
- The value (excluding margin and GST) for the material component of the variation is $5340.
Allow for a profit and overhead margin of 12%. Ensure that you also show GST and the final amount of the variation including the 12% margin and GST.
- A final account for the project. You will need to use the Project Information table on the following pages to complete your final account.
|Contract Sum||$275 000|
|Contract Duration||26 weeks|
|Progress Claims received|
|Month 1(including deposit)||$31 680|
|Month 2||$48 465|
|Month 3||See Question 1b|
|Month 4||$59 815|
|Month 5||$26 100|
|Month 6||$36 600|
|Month 7||Final Payment Question 1d|
|Variation #1 – Requested Week 4||Supply and install external wall feature||$2510|
|Variation #2 – Requested Week 12||Additional Painting||$3700|
|Variation #3 – Requested Week 20||Front and side return Fence||Value found in Q1c|
|Variation #4 – Requested Week 21||Window furnishings to windows (shutters)||$9800|
|Variation #5 – Requested Week 21||Delete tiling to family room||($2700)|
|Adjustments to PC Items|
|Bath (1 off)||Allowed $1925||Actual $1900|
|Vanity (3 off)||Allowed $700||Actual $919|
|Toilet (3 off)||Allowed $2100||Actual $2250|
|Adjustments to Provisional sums|
|Electrician||Allowed $24000||Actual $22 000|
|Plumber and drainer||Allowed $24 000||Actual $25 000|
|Landscaper||Allowed $12 000||Actual $14 190|
|Retention||5% of contract sum taken at 10% of progress claims until 5% reached||50% of the retention released on practical completion. Remaining 50% of the retention is released at the end of the defects liability period.|