There has to be literature review incorporated into this Terrorism financing theory Terrorism cost money. There are a number of different ways terrorist organizations acquire funds. All those ways has their advantages and limitations. This chapter will look into traditional terrorist financing theory and examine how it relates to case of Al-Qaeda’s financing. Importance of financing to terrorist organizations Funding is central and critical to terrorist organizations activities. The need for vast funds to meet organizational and governance requirements represents a vulnerability to some terrorist organization infrastructures.
Select and critically analyze two scholarly articles on working with military affiliated families that are on the same or similar topic. Integrate the articles by highlighting points of similarity and difference.
Prepare a country study of two states that you chose. These states must be from different categories (liberal democracies, post communist and communist states, new democracies, less developed states, Islamic states, or marginal states). For example, you may choose to research France (a liberal democracy) and Guinea-Bissau (a marginal state), but you should not choose two states from the same category.
The relationship between public opinion and political participation raises many questions associated with how the public thinks, why they behave in the manner they do, and what outcomes in the form of ideological expressions will probably take place because of citizens’ behavior in the political scenario. Essentially, “who, what, and where” issues again surface in response to evaluation of political socialization.
Political socialization may be expressed in a singular way, depending on the issue of concern, but it is not derived from any single impact throughout the life of American voters and nonvoters. Qualities and conditions such as gender, race, economic status, education, and religion impact voter behaviors. Indeed, whether or not an individual votes, or takes part in any of the varied available options for participation, is closely allied with the political socialization of individuals and even entire socioeconomic groups.
The Political Compass Web site (http://www.politicalcompass.org) offers a self-test that helps you analyze your personal political views on what the test authors call a “left–right” scale. Take the test and review your results to see where you stand on the economic scale and the social scale. Discuss the results using the following questions:
- Did your “test result” match what you thought were your political beliefs?
- What is “politically correct” thinking? Give examples of what might be considered “politically correct” and “politically incorrect.”
- To what degree do you think your values and beliefs represent the norms, values, and traditions of society? Define your answer using the following Likert scale—extremely common, common, moderately common, uncommon, and extremely uncommon.
you will be critiquing an original empirical research article that reports the results of testing reliability of a research instrument.
In addition to explaining the study design and results, use the information in the article to explain each type of reliability that was evaluated in the study. Be sure to answer the following questions in your critique:
Do you have confidence in the research design (e.g., the number of participants, the inclusion criteria, the methods)? Why or why not?
Do you have confidence in the researchers’ analyses of the reliability of the instrument? Why or why not?
Would you have confidence in the instrument based on the reliability of the instrument as demonstrated in the study? Why or why not?
Would you have any reservations using the instrument in future research? Why or why not?
What additional types of reliability, if any, would you want to determine in future research that were not tested in this study?
Discuss the purpose of demonstrating reliability in the population and culture sampled in the study. Can these results generalize to other populations (ages, gender, abilities) or cultures?
In the authentic leadership model the authors present the continuum from a leader’s self-awareness, to the outcome of follower behaviors. Based on the article and the specific phases of the Authentic Leadership Model, present a management/leadership scenario in which you, through exhibiting authentic leadership behaviors, can affect follower behaviors. Integrate each step of the model and provide specific examples. For example, you can discuss improvement of team morale, reduction of medication errors etc.
•Select four specific events or developments that span the years covered by this course, based on their impact on the topic. Two of the events must be from before 1945 and two events must be from after 1945. You must assess how the events in relationship to the topic changed over time and explain how the changes occurred. •Write an introduction with a thesis. Your thesis should summarize the main conclusions that you discovered while researching your topic and that you will support with a logical argument based on evidence (sources). •Connect each of the events or developments you have chosen back to your main thesis. The information presented must be organized and in chronological order. •You must use at least four
Write a three to four (3-4) page research paper in which you:
1. Assess the positive and negative effects that peace and war, respectively, have on the distribution of foreign aid in the developing country that you have selected. Support your response with concrete examples of each of the results that you have cited.
2. Analyze the specific actions that the leadership of the selected country has taken, through the use of its foreign aid from donor nations and international lending institutions, to relieve the severe problems caused by warfare.
3. Discuss whether or not the extension of foreign aid has successfully reduced poverty and the incidence of warfare in the selected country. Support your response with examples.
Explain the effect of power and influence that leaders have on followers in the organization. Are the followers receptive? Would you recommend another strategy? Explain your reasoning. If not, why not?
Evaluate the role and effectiveness of transformational and transactional leadership in the organization. Support your (claims, points?) with examples (from?).
Assess the traits and characteristics of an effective team leader within the organization.
Explain how the leadership supports vision, mission, and strategy in the organization.
If you were the leader in the organization, what would you change and why?
2. In addition to an end to slavery, political and citizenship rights for African Americans (mostly for only male African Americans), and educational opportunity, what else did “freedpeople” expect from the United States Government following the conclusion of the American Civil War (1861-1865)?
3. What do the filmmakers say were the biggest failures of Federal Reconstruction policy?
4. What was the Coushatta Massacre and how does this information and portrayal by the filmmakers complicate the average American’s understanding of white vigilante violence in the South following the Civil War?
5. How is the time period, 1865-1877, portrayed by the filmmakers?
6. What kind of sources do the filmmakers use to make their film? How do they know what they say they know?
7. What is your general impression of the film? good, bad, both? Incomplete? If you were a filmmaker for this documentary, what would you have added or subtracted?